Monday 23 March 2009

Friday 20th March 10:30am – We go to camp

I am not sleeping last night; I’m not sure if it is because of seeing the Emily again tomorrow or because I am afraid of work camp. Camp must be better than the one’s we had at home though, things are less strict here in England.

We go to “Sunny Bay Holiday Camp” in Dorset, it has nice name – most our camps at home just had numbers.

Jason laughed at my shovel and bucket, I thought because he had much better ones – however his bucket and spade are just little plastic ones – maybe they not have to work so hard because they are more favoured by leader as they have served here longer than I?

Karen tells me there’s not enough room, and insisted I leave equipment behind, but I was too scared to do this, they tell me I not need them. I assume they probably have good shovels and spades at camp, so I left my shovel behind and just took pick-axe and bucket. I had to travel with pick-axe on my lap in car.

Jason asked if I was planning to dig a tunnel and escape to Devon, I begged him not to joke and told him I would never do this! I wonder if Devon is more free state than Dorset? Maybe leader should send some tanks in; they have a lot of them in Dorset I hear.

He was whistling a catchy tune and I joined in and asked what it is; first time Emily spoke to me, although she not look me in eye – which I am Ok with because I do not like eye-contact with anyone, she told me it’s the “theme from the great escape”. I stopped whistling Jason’s subversive tune and started to hum national anthem instead until they tell me to “change the tune” so I thought of only other national tune I know and hummed the “match of the day” overture.

No comments:

Post a Comment