Sunday 22 March 2009

Thursday 19th March – We go on the holiday to work

Tomorrow we go on the holiday to province of Dorset. Karen says we don’t even need permission to travel here? We are just allowed to go; I am nervous about this.

I packed my provisions in small rucksack: a map; some food; identity papers and a small framed photo of leader Gordon Brown.

Karen tells me not to forget my bucket and spade as we are going to sea-side, I see now: we don’t need papers for travel because this is working holiday? We must be going to work. I went to the B and Q and bought myself nice big shovel, a pick-axe and a nice orange plastic bucket - it only 99 pennies and the handle is a bit flimsy but I hope they will have sturdy iron ones on the Dorset work-camp.

Karen is going with Jason and tells me Emily is definitely coming and I should not be so shy with her – it will be fine. As we are going to be working together – digging or mining, not sure exactly what work is yet, I suppose we will have to get on.

This evening I am eating good meal with lots of carbohydrates, I will need to be strong for work, I am not wanting re-education.

No comments:

Post a Comment