Friday 6 March 2009

Saturday 14th February – The Valentines day

I have learned recently to use the word “the” more; apparently it is the definite article and I need to use it more, like “The cat is on the red mat” and not “cat is on red mat”.

I shall now say what happened on the date on the Valentines Day, I took the Emily out after Karen tell me I have to because she say it is the law in this country.

I forget the Emily has no family – to make the introduction; I remember her brother works in a quarry because she tells me he is a stoner, but she rarely see’s him unless he wants the money – I don’t think the stoning is so well paid here.

So tonight we have the “hot” date; they say – but it was quite cold as it always is at this time of year.

I give Emily the Flower; I tried to find the yellow Carnations like I gave to the glorious leader, but all I could find were the red Roses.

We eat at the Wagamama, it didn’t go very well. We had to wait for the table, and then the table only had the chopsticks – not the spoon! - so I ask for the spoon and they give me the little babies spoon (the Tea-spoon). I was displeased and I let it be known.

We weren’t there very long, after the meal Emily suggested we go for the drink. But it was late and there were lots of people, and I wasn’t thirsty.

I made sure she got home safely, when she got to the door she asked me in but I had to say no (with the courtesy). I said the goodnight and she still didn’t go inside, she asked if there was something I wanted to do, something I should do on the end of a date? So I said goodnight again; bowed deeply and then ran home, I heard her shout “goodnight Charlie thanks for a wonderful evening” as I rounded the corner at the end of the street.

I remember now, as I have watched the movies, I was supposed to give her the little kiss? I couldn’t do this. But I think the date went well, it was quick, we were only out for about one hour, and most of that was spent in the Queue at the Wagamama.

I look forward to seeing the Emily again; I feel she is close to me - like The Cure in the wardrobe in the song, only without the Octopus playing the Saxophone.

No comments:

Post a Comment