Thursday 12 February 2009

Friday 16th January....music

I am trying to learn about your music, I have heard of the Beatles and Elvis, although I think the Beatles might be American like the Monkees; “Daydream Believer” rocks doesn’t it?

Karen’s boyfriend Jason tells me to forget about that “shit”, and listen to the greatest rock song Britain has given to the world, which he says is even better than the “Birdie song” although I haven’t heard that. Jason says the greatest song Britain has given to the world is called “Fan Dabi Dozi” and it is by legendary group “The Krankies” who he said rocked Glastonbury and were the greatest influence on Karen’s friend Emily’s favourite band “The Cure”, apparently the Krankies defined the “Gothic” genre.

It is here:

It is “catchy” (that’s a new phrase I’ve learned), but I think the Beatles might be better? Sorry, I don’t want to offend anyone, but I think the Beatles are better than the Krankies, although I haven’t heard much by the latter.

Emily said Jason is a “twat” (I don’t know what that is) and that I should listen to “the Cure”, Emily is very pale and her eyes are very dark, she reminds me of a giant Bear-Cat (I think you call Panda?), she is lending me “head on the door” album which she says I should listen to in the dark as it might help me sleep. I will let you know what I think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment