Monday 9 February 2009

Saturday 10th January....bright new world

It’s so bright here; at night I mean, there’s so much light and noise and colour.

I only visited my countries capital city, Pyongyang, once; my family weren’t influential enough to see it more than that.

There’s more noise and light in London by night as there was in Pyongyang by day. In Pyongyang the nights are dark and silent, few venture outdoors - without permission.

I haven’t gone out at night here, yet. I watch it through the safety of my double glazed window. When I want to sleep I have to pull the curtains tight shut and bury my head in the pillow.

I will go out at night one day and explore - but not yet; I’m not ready. It’s not the dark that scares me; it’s all the light - and the noise. It’s like stepping from a silent black and white movie into a modern Technicolor surround sound epic, I like the movies here and I watch them a lot even though I don’t understand them.

No comments:

Post a Comment