Tuesday 24 February 2009

Thursday 5th February – Hey Man!

Hey man! Whas-up?

Karen explains to me what Jason means when he says “man”, and now I am talking “street”. The last few days I am calling everyone “man” like: “Hey man!” and “Whas-up man”. I think I am fitting in and learning proper English now.

Of course I call every lady I meet “woman”; I’m not stupid, “Hey woman!” I say, but they don’t seem to like that as much. Emily thought it was funny and explains to me that I should just say “man” and probably not even that, but I don’t think I should call a woman a man? I like the way Emily laughs, she laughs with her eyes first. I’m not used to laughing; people do it a lot more here but I don’t see what’s so funny.

Jason taught me more street, he told me to tell everyone that I am dickhead as this means I don’t speak very good English. I checked with Karen and she said that Jason’s an idiot and that I shouldn’t listen to his advice.

I see now, as I know what an idiot is, Jason isn’t very smart and can’t speak very good English, he was wrong about calling myself dickhead, and is wrong about a lot of things. He is a bit slow. I told Emily this and she laughed again, she said I shouldn’t tell Jason that but agreed that he is a stupid man and that Karen deserves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment